Friday, March 2, 2007

An Introduction to Ancient-Future Movement

Well, I've wanted to post some more stuff on the Ancient-Future idea, and I believe there is a person, who can do it better then me. Ladies and Gentelmen, I present to you Robbert Webber, who has been one of the most inspiring authors for the last few years for me. I just found his Intro on the subject through another blog. I suggest it is well worth your time (the Intro).

Webber identifies three commitments that an Ancient-Future Movement calls:
  1. An Ancient-Future Faith calls us to return to our ancient roots in the first centuries of the church – world of the past is very similar to our own.
  2. An Ancient-Future Faith is characterized by connection – ecumenical factor, common roots.
  3. An Ancient-Future Faith seeks to be authentic in a changing world – a counter-cultural movement.
Enjoy the reading. It's fairly short.

No comments: